Antiquities > Egyptian Antiquities

Need Help On A Nice Antique Egyptian Scarb with Hieroglyphics on the bottom Ple

(1/2) > >>

Austin G:
Hello you All
I Acquired this nice scarab back in the 80's from Christes Auction house it didn't have any info on it and i'd like to know about it thanks for your time it measures in at 1.115" long by .776 wide by .520 thick and weighs 66.7 grams.

Please reply with any info thanks Again Austin

Austin G:
Here's some more picture of the scarab thanks for your time

:Chi-Rho_noPinOval: :Chi-Rho_p: :Chi-Rho_reversed: :Chi-Rho_halfX: :Chi-Rho: :captiveleft: :RomeSymbol: :rectangletriangle:

Joe Sermarini:
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/numiswiki/view.asp?key=scarabs

See also:

scaraboid
Historical Scarabs
Malloy Scarabs
Lahun II
Scarab Veneration
Scarabs and Cylinders
Religious Aspects of the Scarab
Varieties of Scarabs
Scarab Head Types
Dating Scarabs
Making of Scarabs
Old Kingdom Scarabs
Earliest Age of Scarabs
Middle Kingdom Scarabs
New Kingdom Scarabs
Late Period to Roman Period Scarabs

Russ:
Hi,
Sorry, it is a reproduction - too poorly done to be considered a "fake" (an object meant to deceive).
Russ

Austin G:

--- Quote from: Russ on June 04, 2015, 11:31:15 am ---Hi,
Sorry, it is a reproduction - too poorly done to be considered a "fake" (an object meant to deceive).
Russ

--- End quote ---

That"s OK Russ
A person emailed me and offered me $1,700.00 :-) for it and i thought he was joking because he was from Germany and about a week went by and i got a international cashier's check/Money order and i still thought it was one of those scammers till i looked it up and then deposited it in the bank it took 2 weeks to clear but it did so i sent it and he emailed back asking if i had anymore items and all i had was a Chinese tea pot from 1680 and some old books and maps from the 1400's-1500's .

I was discouraged when you posted that reply but in any case I'm happy

Just thought I'd update this post Thanks you all AMG

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version