Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Strange item that came with Bactrian coins  (Read 1038 times)

carpede

Strange item that came with Bactrian coins
« on: July 20, 2011, 01:30:43 pm »
Hello Forum,
I bought this item along with a bunch of Bactrian silver and bronze coins in back in 2001 from a contact in Northern Pakistan.  It has similar toning as the silver coins that I bought, it weighs about 15 oz, and does not react to a magnet.  If it’s not silver, could it be nickel or some other type of metal? I'm assuming it's some sort of jewelry item, but honestly I have no idea.  Can anyone help?  Regards. 

Offline Aarmale

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Re: Strange item that came with Bactrian coins
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 04:34:04 pm »
The style makes me doubt that this is ancient.
Gallery: http://tinyurl.com/aarmale
היינו דאמרי אינשי: טבא חדא פילפלתא חריפתא ממלי צנא קרי

carpede

Re: Strange item that came with Bactrian coins
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 01:40:19 pm »
Thank you for your insight.  I will put it back on the shelf with the other items that I can't decide what to do with.
Regards

All coins are guaranteed for eternity