Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Byzantine weights  (Read 1571 times)

Offline wileyc

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • Forum gallery:
Byzantine weights
« on: October 25, 2010, 01:11:19 am »
I have been picking up a few byzantine weights along the way and have Simon Bendall's "Byzantine weights an Introduction" as a review. I was wondering if what anyone might know of a more complete reference. I also welcome anyone to take a look at them and correct any of my information. :)

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=3262

cw

Offline vercingetorix

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Surrendered at Alesia.Bleah...
Re: Byzantine weights
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 12:01:23 pm »
There are many publications on Byzantine weights, many are a century old, and most of them in scholarly journals. There isn't any corpus of Byzantine weights published yet, so sometimes it can take some research to find a reference for weights in your collection.
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes...

All coins are guaranteed for eternity