Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Roman Coins Discussion Forum

Let's collect the coins with legend errors here!

<< < (73/76) > >>

Dominic T:
DIVO VICTORINO PO. Better be PIO than PO !

Miroslav S2:
One coin from my collection. Postumus RIC 143
IMP C M CASS LAT POSVMVS P F AVG
POSVMUS should be POSTVMVS

Luuk S:
Y'all heard of Arcadius, but have you heard of our lord HRCHDIVS, the pious and happy HVGustus?
AE4 Arcadius, 1.05 gram, 378-383 AD, Cyzicus mint, RIC 20D
(yeah i know it's more a error of the letter font (clogging?) than a true legend error)

Tibsi:
Trebonianus Gallus antoninian
Antiochia mint
FELICITAS PFBL (instead of FELICITAS PVBL)

Luca Romano:

--- Quote from: Tibsi on February 29, 2016, 11:10:26 am ---Trajanus denarius
Obv.: ...N(E)RVA
1st example

--- End quote ---

Sunday greetings from Poland to the honorable FAC members.

Today, I want to proudly announce that I had a unique opportunity to get Trajan known example of an extremely rare Trajan's coin with the error in the Emperor's name. Interestingly... it's the same type, minted with the same die as the 1st one, published here a few years ago.

I’m dreaming of beautiful pieces and I was betting that, maybe one day, as the crown of the years of collecting, I would have the chance of acquiring some rarity of my favorite emperor. Meanwhile... well. I cannot believe that I managed to obtain such a fantastic specimen. This process took me a while, but it's SIIIIICK! Such things did not actually happen in Rome (and not only) during the reign of Trajan.

There are some errors on Trajan’s coins, e.g. switching letters in abbreviation ARAB ADQVISIT from ADQ to DAQ and some typos in SPQR or OPTIMO PRINCIPI. These are rarities too, although errors of a totally different relevance.

🔸Minted in Rome 101 A.D.
🔸19mm/3,26g
🔸OBV: IMP CAES N_RVA TRAIAN AVG GERM, Head of Traianvs, laureate, right;
🔸REV: P M TR P COS IIII P P, Victoria walking left, holding a palm branch and a wreath
🔸Not in RIC and Woytek

Join me on Instagram for more pictures
https://www.instagram.com/p/CgHWZDuqf84/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version