Resources > The Members' Gallery

Mark Z2's Roman Imperial Portrait Gallery

(1/42) > >>

Mark Z:
Hello All!

This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

I'm one of those wrong-headed fools who decided to go for a Roman Imperial portrait collection  :'(

While I know that I'll never collect them all, I've decided to collect the ones that I can collect with my limited means.

My gallery will showcase what I believe the be the best of my collection. More will be added as time goes by.

Please follow the link to my portrait gallery:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=17499

Your comments are appreciated :-)

Regards,
Mark Z.
Fool for the Ancients  ;)

Noah:
Ah, a man after my own heart!  I also have this endeavor for two reasons: 1) it allows me to browse all periods of coinage regularly, and 2) it will take me a literal lifetime to afford a nearly complete collection (some unatainables will obviously be absent).  You have some fine specimens there!

Best, Noah

Randygeki(h2):
verynice, love that Hadrian setertius

areich:
Even if it's a portrait collection, can't you post the whole coin anyway?
It always feels wrong seeing a picture of half a coin.

Andreas

Bud Stewart:

--- Quote from: Mark Z2 on February 12, 2010, 08:39:44 pm ---...I'm one of those wrong-headed fools who decided to go for a Roman Imperial portrait collection  :'(

While I know that I'll never collect them all, I've decided to collect the ones that I can collect with my limited means...

--- End quote ---

Here’s wishing you a Good Journey Mark.  I’m very new to the world of ancients, but I have been collecting Early European Coins most of my adult life, so I can say this from years of experience; “it is the journey that’s the reward”.  I know I’ll never complete my collection of Roman Imperial Denarii, but completion is not my goal.  If my aim was to form a complete set, I would collect US Franklin Half Dollars.  Great hunting!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version