Antiquities Discussion Forums > Ancient Glass

NumisWiki Ancient Glass Index

<< < (2/4) > >>

Joe Sermarini:
To edit a page, you click the edit tab. Make changes. When done click tha save button at the bottom.

To make a new page... First search for the page title you want.  It might already exist.  If it does, just edit it.  If it does not exist, there will be a link to create the page.  Create the page.  Type the page.  Save the page. 

Much like using this board.  If you try to do it, you probably will find you can.

Russ:
Hi Joe,

I was able to add "reticulated glass" but the program defaulted to double spacing so there is an empty line below it. I can't find the link to create the new page. Please, help. Thanks.
Russ

Joe Sermarini:
Another good thing about Wikis is that if you make a mistake or things don't work as you expect, it can always be corrected.

Typing enter makes a new paragraph, adding a blank space.  Holding the shift key down and pressing enter makes a new line, without a blank space.  This is true in many other programs, not just NumisWiki, so it is a good one to remember.

To make a new page, search for the page title you want to use. The page title will become an autolink, so ideally the page title is short and the best keyword or key phrase to link to the page.  See the first image below.

If the page does not exist, the search results will include a link to create the page.  See the second image below.  Clicking the link will open a blank page with the searched term as the URL. Type the new page as you would edit an existing page and save.

I already created the reticulated glass page.  (Just click on the words reticulated glass to see it.) Please feel free to edit it.  

Russ:
Hi Joe,

Sorry, I messed it up again. I tried following your instructions but they did not work. I'm using a Mac - could that be a problem?
Russ

Joe Sermarini:
It could be.  I am not sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version