Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Poll

Forvm Award For Numismatic Excellence?

Yes
13 (81.3%)
No
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: April 16, 2006, 06:55:22 pm

Author Topic: The Coinage of Ephesus - Award Poll  (Read 3697 times)

Offline Cleisthenes

• Comitia Curiata II
  • Caesar
  • "not unlike a clamberer on a steep cliff," Newman
    • Swimmin' Lessons
Re: The Coinage of Ephesus - Award Poll
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 09:12:36 am »
Two thumbs up (they're both mine)!  This is a very informative, pleasure to navigate, interesting site.  I was fortunate back in 2000 (seems odd to say) to have been able to spend just over a week at Ephesus.  The excellent photos that you provide sparked many memories.  I also especially like your Interactive Gallery of Coins.  I highly recommend that any(every)one gives The Coinage of Ephesus site a "go." 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Nullum Gratuitum Prandium!
"Flamma fumo est proxima!"--Plautus
 :Chi-Rho:

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Thank You Re: - The Coinage of Ephesus
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 07:31:05 am »
This is a reply from one of the managers of this site:

"
Dear Members of the  FORVM Classical Numismatics Discussion Board,

Our Centre is delighted to accept your award for numismatic excellence!

A great deal of time and effort went into the website 'The Coinage of Ephesus'. It was our hope that if it was a success we would use it as a model for a series of exhibitions which showcased our numismatic collections and research/teaching interests.  Your award provides great encouragement to the staff of the Centre, its Board, and the university to continue with the e-exhibition program.  It is also a source of great encouragement to the site designer (Miss Shelley O'Reilly).

We are currently working on an exhibition entitled 'The Coinage of Julius Caesar'.  As you may know from our website (www.humanities.mq.edu.au/acans) we have a very strong Republican Collection.  We hope that it will be ready in 2007.

There is no danger that the Ephesus site will disappear.  It will remain on the university server and there will be a prominent link from our website - which will later have a page providing a directory for our exhibitions.

Once more our warmest thanks for your award,

Yours sincerely,

Kenneth Sheedy
ACANS director

Dr Kenneth A Sheedy
Director
Australian Centre for Ancient Numismatic Studies
Humanities Division W6A
Macquarie University
NSW 2109
Australia
tel (612) 9850 8807
fax (612) 9850 8240
"

Offline Pep

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Greetings Everyone,

"The Coinage of Julius Caesar" is now online.  We in the newly-convened 5th Committee have used the in-Committee power to extend the Award previously granted for "The Coinage of Ephesus" to it as well.  The new link is here:

http://www.humanities.mq.edu.au/acans/caesar/Home.htm

Both links can now be found in the "Recipients of the Forvm Award For Numismatic Excellence" list under the title "Australian Centre for Ancient Numismatic Studies".

Kevin  :)

Offline Pep

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 10:08:06 pm »
Another message from Dr. Sheedy:

"
Dear Mr Davis,

Thank you for your endorsement.  We are very pleased that your committee has liked our new web site.  We have plans to bring out a series of web exhibitions over the next few years in order to highlight our collection strengths.

with best wishes,

Kenneth Sheedy

Dr Kenneth A Sheedy
Director
Australian Centre for Ancient Numismatic Studies
Humanities Division W6A
Macquarie University
NSW 2109
Australia
tel (612) 9850 8807
fax (612) 9850 8240
"

Offline helcaraxe

• Caesar
    • Coins available
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 05:54:57 am »
It is always very nice to see that Classical Numismatics and the antiquity in general (as one of the foundations of our western world) is cherished through out the world.

Great work there in "Down Under"!  :)

Semper pax
helcaraxe.

Offline Bartosz A

• Consul
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 10:06:49 am »
A really interesting website with a very nice design.

Best regards,
Bartosz

All coins are guaranteed for eternity