Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Small group of Trajan / Antioch tetradrachms  (Read 589 times)

Offline Marsha

• Consul
Small group of Trajan / Antioch tetradrachms
« on: June 20, 2022, 05:06:28 pm »
Received a small group of Trajan / Antioch tetradrachms.  And they looked pretty good in hand, but their weight concerns me.  The weight is between 10.5 to 11.5 grams each, but when I look at the weights of these types from the major auctions, they are usually between 13 and 15 grams, so mine are very light.   Have attached photos of the coin and some edges.  Would appreciate your thoughts on these.

Thanks

Marsha

Offline djmacdo

• Tribunus Plebis 2017
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
Re: Small group of Trajan / Antioch tetradrachms
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 05:56:57 pm »
They are all somewhat worn which may account for the light weight.  I see nothing wrong with them, but this is not my specialty.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 01:27:57 pm »
I do not see anything to condemn them.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Marsha

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 02:26:10 pm »
djmacdo & Joe

Thank you so much for your help.  It does give me more of a comfort level with these.

Marsha

All coins are guaranteed for eternity