Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Theotoke boethei  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Theotoke boethei
« on: September 28, 2021, 12:53:52 pm »
I'm having a piece of jewelry made for my initiation into the Equestrian Order of the Knights of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem.  It is a ring, and, like the Byzantine seal I wrote about in another thread, features a man-faced bull seal (which I'm having engraved with various Christian icons as my personal seal).  On either side of the ring I want two things--on one side, a Jerusalem cross, and on the other, the Theotoke boethei monogram.  My question is, does anyone have a clear, schematic picture of the monogram?  I found this attached one online but it is a bit too stylized.  And all the others I found are on actual seals, so I don't want my jeweler to have to extrapolate from those.  I do not have a large Byzantine library but my guess is such a clear, schematic image exists out there.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Nick

Offline Molinari

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Theotoke boethei
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 01:07:15 pm »
I suppose "Seals" might have been a better category!

Offline Molinari

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 01:11:52 pm »
Courtesy of Gert.

Simon sent one as well but with a squared-off central Theta. 

Thanks, guys, much appreciated.  I'll post developments as my jeweler makes progress.

Offline Simon

• Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Tetartera Collector
    • Byzantine Tetartera
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 09:54:40 am »
Look forward to seeing it.

Simon
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5633 My main collection of Tetartera. Post reform coinage.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity