Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Idntyification of the mint 2  (Read 365 times)

Offline Potrokles

• Praetorian
Idntyification of the mint 2
« on: January 19, 2023, 05:15:59 pm »
Hi the mint mark is faintly visible but it is possible to read SNT or SMT. Could someone help me identify the mints?

Thank you for your help

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Idntyification of the mint 2
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 01:18:52 pm »
Can you post the other side of your coin and its size (and weight)?

It is definitely SMT, indicating Thessaloniki mint.  It should be followed by a S but that edge is a bit messed up.

I think I see an A in the left field so it is likely the 5th issue.  If that is actually an M it is the 6th issue and there was another letter after the S in the original mint mark.

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity