Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: FORVM buy back question  (Read 5627 times)

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
FORVM buy back question
« on: January 28, 2011, 11:38:41 pm »
Let's say I buy a coin from FORVM for $200 and I use $60 in FORVM bucks, so I actually pay $140 out of pocket.  If I decide to return it do I get the $200 back or the $140? Just curious as I have a coin I may want to return to get something else.  Thanks.

Offline renegade3220

• Caesar
Re: FORVM buy back question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 03:46:07 am »
I know this is a Joe question, but if you read the return policies etc it states that you will get full refund less the Forum bucks, so you would get 140 back. If it worked the other way everyone would be buying a coin with bucks and returning it to make some real cash out of the deal.

My question would be, do you get the bucks credited back to your account? I know the answer is no, but that would be the only way to get the $200 back, per say. I am certain it doesn't work this way though. But, Joe may prove my certainty wrong.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 11:02:38 am »
We have to make the rules so that we don't lose money.  All Forum dollars on an order are deducted from any return from that order.  For example, if you order 10 coins on an order and the Forum dollar discount on the order is $10 and you return only one coin (or two, three, or nine), the entire $10 discount is subtracted from the refund or credit amount.  No, you don't get the Forum dollars back (but you did earn more Forum dollars just for buying the coins you are returning). 
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 02:08:35 pm »
Thanks, that's what i thought but just wanted to make sure.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 01:23:54 pm »
I just increased our restocking fee $5 for buy-back returns (returns after 45 days for store credit, i.e. trade-in).  A couple of customers have returned coins they bought with store credit for returned coins. Obviously, that could turn into an endless cycle with a lot of work and no profit.  At least with a $5 charge, I cover the labor cost.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity