Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: XXX Asses Oath Scene gold  (Read 371 times)

Offline Pawel K

• Praetorian
XXX Asses Oath Scene gold
« on: February 15, 2023, 05:51:14 pm »
Hi,

NAC is telling us that 4 specimens of this coin are known and only one is in private hands. One in BM, one in Vatican and one from the auction:
https://sixbid-coin-archive.com#/de/single/l27162635

Does anybody know where is 4th piece?

Offline PMah

• Caesar
  • Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...
Re: XXX Asses Oath Scene gold
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 07:17:38 pm »
The linked article suggests that specimen 4 is in the Museo Nazionale Romano in Palazzo Massimo alle Terme in Roma

"Unfortunately I have never had the chance to to study the coin from the National Roman Museum collection in person, therefore I would prefer to not pass comment on this specimen. "
Be Well, Stay Healthy, Support your Local Numismatic Club

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album

Offline Pawel K

• Praetorian
Re: XXX Asses Oath Scene gold
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 02:50:22 am »
Shame on me, i didn’t noticed that.

Thank you.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity