Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Octavian Denarius  (Read 604 times)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Octavian Denarius
« on: January 31, 2023, 09:34:16 pm »
I am sorry, but I accidentally deleted this thread due to a combination of a small screen, cataracts, and my extreme distraction due to annoyance of a post claiming a coin must be genuine because it was sold by a reputable dealer and naming that dealer. I was trying to modify the message removing the name but accidentally hit delete thread. I don't know anyone can be reading this discussion regularly and post that. We do not name sellers here unless they are on the NFSL. We do not assume a coin is genuine regardless of who sold or is selling it. EVERYONE makes mistakes. There is no dealer or auction that has not both withdrawn fakes after listing them and sold fakes. For most purposes a reputable expert seller is good reason to believe a coin is genuine, but it is not certain and should not be considered in our discussions. We aren't here to just talk about the crap on eBay.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Re: Octavian Denarius
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 12:53:57 pm »
Shame we couldn't keep the photos, if only to add to the fake reports.  As you mentioned, it's a deceptive pressed fake. 

Offline FerrOm

• Auxiliary
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 05:28:40 pm »
I don’t think I did anything against the rules, I was very careful to not name the seller. I’ve never made a fake coin report but I still have the photos to submit if it would be helpful.

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 05:50:00 pm »
Welcome to Forum again!

I don't think it was your original post but some of the later replies.

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 01:03:10 am »
Hi Joe,

Do you back up Forum on an external hard drive? I remember reading in the past that you do that. If yes, couldn't you simply post the original topic?

Meepzorp

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 06:26:10 pm »
I don’t think I did anything against the rules, I was very careful to not name the seller. I’ve never made a fake coin report but I still have the photos to submit if it would be helpful.

It was not you.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2023, 06:29:04 pm »
Quote from: Meepzorp on February 02, 2023, 01:03:10 am
Hi Joe,

Do you back up Forum on an external hard drive? I remember reading in the past that you do that. If yes, couldn't you simply post the original topic?

Meepzorp

It is a monumental task to restore a thread and its attachments. We are currently doing that for a thread accidentally deleted by a moderator but that thread is many pages long and important. I can't afford to pay for the time to restore this thread. The original poster is welcome to re-post his photos. 
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity