Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Roman Provincial Coins Discussion Forum

RPC Project News and Notes

<< < (8/12) > >>

Mark Fox:
Dear Board,

After a long lapse, I am finally back to give some RPC updates.  I was recently corresponding with Andrew Burnett and he had this to say about the latest scheduling saga:

"The current plan is to try and get the Asia part of V online (V.2) for the Warsaw conference next year; and the rest of VI also sometime in 2022. In terms of printed volumes, next year should see VII.2 (the rest of VII) and after that IV.4 (which is only Alexandria – enormous enough for a volume on its own). So we’re gradually getting there...!"

In a followup to this, he added:

"Maybe add that [RPC] VIII in print will be next after the others."

The time, therefore, is still not overripe for submitting new coins for possible inclusion in probably any of the RPC volumes mentioned above.  I know I have a lot of unpublished material waiting to be properly cataloged and submitted.  But none of the coins have to be new discoveries in terms of type or variety.  Even known ones that are rare or special in some way are more than welcome! 

It is a humbling, but nice feeling that some of the world's leading numismatists care and are truly interested in what we collectors and independent researchers collect and study.  Let's reciprocate by caring what they do and take a part in their historic work!

Best regards,

Mark Fox
Michigan

okidoki:
RPC keeps up the good work, very much appreciated

Flav V:
Great work.

I have two questions: is there a way to download volumes in pdf? Is the website absolutly full or is there !more items listed in the books?

mauseus:
No, you can only download the supplements. The books have added value in that they put the coinage of each city into context, rather than the simple listing of the types online. It depends whether you just want an identification or a deeper understanding of the coinage.

Regards,

Mauseus

Dominic T:

--- Quote from: Flav V on December 27, 2022, 02:45:58 am ---Great work.

I have two questions: is there a way to download volumes in pdf? Is the website absolutly full or is there !more items listed in the books?

--- End quote ---

The online version is always the most complete one, since it is possible to submit new coins or even unlisted type by using the « feedback » button:
DT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version