Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Gallery FAQs  (Read 56807 times)

Offline daverino

• Caesar
    • My Gallery:
Re: Gallery FAQs
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 05:38:18 pm »
Thanks Joe,

Let me see if it took. I tried it every which way but some how I was missing it.

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 04:49:17 pm »
It works fine for me. Sure you're in the right place?
Andreas Reich

oneill6217

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 01:48:40 am »
I feel silly asking this, but can someone tell me how to start a gallery and post my coins... ::)

Thank you !

Offline Potator II

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Error communis facit jus
    • Monnaies de la Dombes
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 03:31:08 am »
Hi,

Not a silly question, just things you have to know

When in the gallery, tick "create/order my albums". You see a white board where you can add "new" albums by naming them and order them as you want with the arrows. You've succeeded the first step  :)

Then tick "add a coin" in the bar at the top of your screen. Well, actually you can add up to five at the same time. The "browse" button on the right leads you to the search function on your computer, where you can select the pic you want to add. When it's finished, tick "continue" and follw instructions. At some point it will ask you in which of the albums created above you want to put your image and any comment or explanation or references you would like to add to your image.

You've now gotten a magnificent gallery, congrats  :tongue:

Best
Potator

oneill6217

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 02:24:13 pm »
Thank you !

Offline Optimo Principi

• Caesar
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 03:25:07 pm »
Hi all,

Is it possible to merge one album into another?

In my Gallery I made a main Trajan album and then a smaller album of Trajan Provincials. I've gone off this setup and was wondering if it is it possible to move the provincial coins into the main Trajan album so they are all together in one place?

If this is not possible I can delete them and re upload them in the main album, but it will take a while and I'll lose comments etc.

Best,
Gareth

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 06:05:12 pm »
Hi all,

Is it possible to merge one album into another?

In my Gallery I made a main Trajan album and then a smaller album of Trajan Provincials. I've gone off this setup and was wondering if it is it possible to move the provincial coins into the main Trajan album so they are all together in one place?

If this is not possible I can delete them and re upload them in the main album, but it will take a while and I'll lose comments etc.

Best,
Gareth

Yes. Click on "Edit file information" then, under "Album", click on the arrow to the right of the information box to bring up a drop down menu of your albums together with FORVM dedicated ones. Simply click on the album you wish to move your coin to and then click on the "Apply modifications" box at the bottom of the page. Your coin will be moved to the new location and all the comments etc. will be retained. You will have to do this for each of your provincial coins that you want to move to your main album but, despite my long winded description, it should only take you a couple of seconds per coin.

Alex

Offline Optimo Principi

• Caesar
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2012, 03:21:08 am »
It works!!  ;D I can't thank you enough, Alex.

Offline Callimachus

• Caesar
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2012, 08:47:46 pm »
Are there any guidelines on the size (dimensions) of the picture being uploaded?

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2012, 08:37:52 am »
Are there any guidelines on the size (dimensions) of the picture being uploaded?

I do not know what the upper limit is but it must be quite large, one of the biggest files I've found uploaded by one of our members in the BOT gallery is 1640KB and it seems to have uploaded without any problems. I don't know why it should be necessary to upload files of this size though. The biggest jpeg I have uploaded is about 164KB, but probably the optimum size would be around 80KB. However, where a nice coin is involved, I don't like teeny-weeny dealer's pics that are so small that you can't properly view it.

Alex.

Offline Callimachus

• Caesar
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2012, 10:47:54 am »
Thank you.  I can optimize the pictures for the web which will make for a small file size.  My original question was about dimensions: My coin pictures are roughly 600 X 600 pixels, so if I put obverse and reverse together, they will be about 600  X 1200 pixels.  Are these dimensions too large?

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2012, 11:25:14 am »
One of my biggest pictures is approximately 7.18 X 14.81 inches at a resolution of 131 pixels per inch, that is approximately 940 X 1939 pixels. So your pictures of 600 X 1200 pixels should be fine.

Alex.

Offline Callimachus

• Caesar
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2012, 05:12:06 pm »
I need help in starting a gallery. I can't seem to find complete directions anywhere.  So I tried following the directions given by Potator II above.  I got an album created and a picture uploaded. Now I am at the place where I am suppose to add it to an album.  But under the dropdown menu are listed only the theme galleries -- not the album I created.  Where did I go wrong?  Was I suppose to create my own gallery first before creating an album?  Can you see how the whole process is a bit confusing to someone trying to do this for the first time?  Thanks for any help.

Later: I figured out how to do it. 

Offline Potator II

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Error communis facit jus
    • Monnaies de la Dombes
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2012, 03:31:20 am »
Sometimes, asking a question is part of the process in solving the problem. You got it perfectly right and your start at uploading pics is great : nice additions there !

Congrats
JC

PS : step 2 could be to add a link to your gallery in your signature, as many people, including me, do (see below) +++

Offline emporiton

• Praetorian
Page missing?
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2013, 07:57:39 am »
First of all hello to all and thanks in advance. and forgive the photo is of another user, but I have no way to send them a picture of that screen because I do not go out.
My problem is: I try to create a gallery and I can not, I put the name, but do not pass hai, I added page in the photo I do not go out.
I try to change album and nothing, this product is still missing and I can not upload the photo or add any currency
Does anyone have any idea that can happen?, Can it be that I lack some program?
Greetings and thanks
Jorge

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2013, 09:37:43 am »
Hi Jorge, click here:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/albmgr.php

Then create a new album. First click NEW, then enter the name, then click APPLY MODIFICATIONS.

Then adda coin with this button:
Andreas Reich

Offline TenthGen

• Consul
  • Ferrata Fidelis Constans
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2016, 08:59:27 pm »
Hi everyone,

I anticipate creating a gallery soon, and I had a question first. For the purposes of the FORVM members gallery only, am I allowed to use the FORVM's photo that went along with coins that I have purchased from the shop and FORVM auction? The image quality from the shop exceeds what I can create on my own, so I would like to use the FORVM's images (credited of course!) for those purchases. I am in the process of retaking photos from other sellers, but reusing the images from here would certainly save some effort both now and in the future.

Thanks!
CL

Offline Mat

• Caesar
  • Ancient Coin Addict
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2016, 09:01:21 pm »
Hi everyone,

I anticipate creating a gallery soon, and I had a question first. For the purposes of the FORVM members gallery only, am I allowed to use the FORVM's photo that went along with coins that I have purchased from the shop and FORVM auction? The image quality from the shop exceeds what I can create on my own, so I would like to use the FORVM's images (credited of course!) for those purchases. I am in the process of retaking photos from other sellers, but reusing the images from here would certainly save some effort both now and in the future.

Thanks!
CL

Yes you can! +++
MY GALLERY

MJB Ancients

Offline TenthGen

• Consul
  • Ferrata Fidelis Constans
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2016, 09:11:51 pm »
Great! Thank you, Mat!

Offline okidoki

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=37270
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2016, 09:43:09 am »
How can i get my albums from time added to alphabetic order?
All the Best,
Eric
There are no strangers, only friends you do not know yet.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=37270

Offline Arados

• Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2016, 09:52:49 am »
Quote from: okidoki on April 24, 2016, 09:43:09 am
How can i get my albums from time added to alphabetic order?

In my gallery, click on "Create / order my albums". Use the arrows at the bottom to rearrange your albums, you can do this by highlighting the album you want to move.

Offline okidoki

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=37270
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2016, 10:05:49 am »
Thank you it works
All the Best,
Eric
There are no strangers, only friends you do not know yet.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=37270

Offline Norbert

• Praetorian
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2016, 01:13:46 pm »
When I visit my Gallery and click one of my albums I get to see my coins from that album - but also a number of coins from other collectors.
I tried to change the name of the collection, did not work.

Any help ?

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2016, 06:28:44 am »
When I visit my Gallery and click one of my albums I get to see my coins from that album - but also a number of coins from other collectors.
I tried to change the name of the collection, did not work.

Any help ?

Hi Norbert,

I found the problem and have fixed it for you.

*Alex.

Offline Schatz

• Consul
Re: Gallery FAQs Sorting Problem
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2016, 12:22:03 pm »
I recently added some more coins to my Parthian gallery. They were all deposited into the 'Early Parthian I' album. When I opened the album to move the coins to their proper places ( I use the Sellwood order ) they would not budge. The following day I was able to move 2 of the 5 coins to their assigned places, but the other 3 resisted all sorting efforts. Not only that, some of the other pieces in the album showed up where they do not belong. The strange thing is that the sorting window shows them in the original order.
I am not aware of any deviation from my usual sorting routine. Any idea what is going on?

Puzzled,
Schatz

All coins are guaranteed for eternity