Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Unknown AE10  (Read 1747 times)

a

Unknown AE10
« on: January 17, 2006, 12:52:00 pm »
Dear forum members,

Please help me with identification of this coin. I cannot recognize nothink, although all details are very clear. I havn't even a direction: Greek? Roman? Another?
The coin origin is from Meadle East.

Thank you,
Explorer

Offline tacrolimus

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Why, oh why didn't I take the blue pill?
Re: Unknown AE10
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 06:11:31 pm »
I think it's Berytus (Phoenicia).
obv: Nike advancing left holding wreath and palm
rev: C B (?), Lituus, hook left.

Luigi
I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member (Woody Allen paraphrasing Groucho Marx)

Offline Salem Alshdaifat

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • I am coincoholic ,I need help plzzzzz.
    • http://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/athena_numismatics
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 01:14:40 am »
I say it might be Pontius Pilatus rare vareity with Lituus to left, the other side seems to be very crouded, but I cant make any thing from it.
Salem

Offline tacrolimus

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 09:36:34 am »
Maybe the attached picture is of little or no help, but this is an illustration of the coin i suggested above.

Luigi
I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member (Woody Allen paraphrasing Groucho Marx)

a

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 01:40:26 pm »
Thank you Luigi and Salem!

I think Luigi is right. My coin is of the similar type. When this coin was minted? I supposed that it is somewhere in I century AD. I'm right.

Regards,
Explorer

Offline tacrolimus

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 01:58:43 pm »
When this coin was minted? I supposed that it is somewhere in I century AD. I'm right.

So dated in Lindgren.

Luigi

All coins are guaranteed for eternity