Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Issue with Dealer  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Re: Issue with Dealer
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2021, 08:14:18 pm »
So happy you got it resolved. Like others said, I would let the dogs lie and do nothing else. Stuff happens and that is life. Glad to hear also that Paypal is responsive, I have not had luck getting them on the phone the couple times I needed it.

Regards,
Virgil

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2021, 09:17:55 pm »
Hi folks,

Thanks again for all of the feedback.

Technically, it isn't fully resolved yet. He has only promised me (and Paypal) a refund. He hasn't actually refunded my money yet. So far, all I have is a promise.

Regarding whether or not I should continue this ordeal and report this issue to Vcoins, I am receiving conflicting advice from Forum members. Some, including Nick and VH, are advising me to let it go. But others, including Dominic T and owner Joe (in a PM), are advising me to alert Vcoins. I am still undecided about that aspect of this ordeal. One thing is for certain. I will not take any further action until I actually receive my refund (which, as I stated above, hasn't happened yet). I don't want to do anything right now that could possibly jeopardize that.

Meepzorp

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2021, 07:38:46 pm »
Hi folks,

Time for an update.

I received a refund from the dealer I had the issue with. The transaction has been processed.

Meepzorp

Offline Dominic T

• Caesar
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2021, 09:29:50 pm »
Good for you ! It's sad to think that nothing would have happened if the dealer had simply inform you that one of the coin was not longer available... and also if he would not have ignored your numerous e-mails...
DT

Offline Callimachus

• Caesar
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2021, 09:35:55 pm »
Now you should notify VCoins.
After explaining the problem, send them the link to this thread.

Offline Kevin D

• Consul
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2021, 12:01:16 am »
MZ,
Glad to read that you have been made whole. Dealers do occasionally 'go bad', but maybe more often, as with the rest of us, life throws them a tough time. Sounds like you had many years of reliable dealings with this person, I wonder what caused the recent hiccup.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity