Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: coin from the island of Ibiza, looks very old (answered, thanks everyone)  (Read 338 times)

Offline Joshua B3

• Legionary
I'm new here so apologies if this is the wrong place to post.

I bought 2 coins from an antique shop On Ibiza, and unfortunately they didn't come with any information of when or where they're from. They might be fakes, but I just want to know when they're supposed to be from.
Any help is appreciated, any sites or people I could email to ask about this would also appreciated.

The best looking coin has some markings and letters on the front, and a clear face with markings on the reverse side, and is approximately 1.7 mm.
it looks to be hand punched, so I'd imagine it's quite old.
Thank you.

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Welcome to Forum.  It's a real coin from the Constantine era, probably his son.  Reverse inscription is likely FEL TEMP REPARATIO, soldier spearing a fallen horseman.

Offline Joshua B3

• Legionary
Thank you so much! that's it!
Do you think it could be a fake/duplicate/forgery? As it was bought on a tourist island (although it is rich in history)

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
Undoubtedly, almost certainly 100% authentic.

Craig

Offline quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
The 1st picture is upside down...

Q.
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

Offline quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery Albums
Probably:
Thessalonica
RIC VIII 134v

Constantius II, AE23, 4.8 gm, Thessalonica. DN CONSTAN-TIVS PF AVG, pearl-diademed, draped, cuirassed bust right / FEL TEMP-REPARATIO Soldier spearing fallen horseman sitting on the ground facing right, both hands up. B in left field, dot in right field, mintmark dot TS epsilon dot. RIC VIII Thessalonica 134 var (dot instead of the star).

or something similar because the "B" in the left-field is visible (Upside Down picture ) and the Epsilon in the exergue is also visible...

regards

Q.
My Gallery

Offline quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery Albums
This topic should be forwarded to the identification help site,
but I don't have permission to do so now...

Q.
My Gallery

All coins are guaranteed for eternity