Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Dura-europos buckle?  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Kilian O

• Consul
Dura-europos buckle?
« on: May 01, 2021, 09:39:31 am »
Good afternoon,

Is this buckle a dura-europos type buckle?
I believe the belt attached would have hold some zoomorphic or openwork design.

Have a nice day  ;D

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Dura-europos buckle?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 09:52:15 am »
Yes.  The buckle appears complete.  The other belt plates would be similar rectangles and may have had spindles in them.  I have attached an image two of mine, the plain rectangle type and the type with spindle.

There would be contrast between the color of the metal and of the belt.

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Kilian O

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 07:20:50 pm »
Awesome , thanks  +++

Offline Kilian O

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 01:18:44 pm »
Yes.  The buckle appears complete.  The other belt plates would be similar rectangles and may have had spindles in them.  I have attached an image two of mine, the plain rectangle type and the type with spindle.

There would be contrast between the color of the metal and of the belt.

SC

Hey Shawn, I added some more pictures of this buckle + belt plate on the other post. This mount is 1 I got from Spain and not part of the others. Does this look like it supposed to look or are you worried about this one too?

All coins are guaranteed for eternity