Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: White Gold Book  (Read 4396 times)

Offline Kevin D

• Consul
Re: White Gold Book
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2021, 11:36:44 pm »
So what are the first impressions of the publication from those of you have received a copy?

I did not order one (yet?), as while I do have an interest in and a small collection of early electrum, I wasn't sure what the book would actually contain.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who has a copy......

Craig

I've had the book for quite some time now, long enough to read it in its entirety. There are a few what amount to typo errors in the book, but all the information is there and I was easily able to make corrections as I wanted, neatly with a mechanical pencil. That said in fairness, the collection of articles that make up this book are, in my opinion, magnificent. For people who study this area of numismatics, I believe this is a 'must have' work. I found every article to be interesting, extremely so. Two have become standard references for attribution, these being the die study of the Phanes coinage and the work on the Artemision (two articles on the Artemision in the book, one focused on the excavations of the site; fascinating). The articles that report on metallurgical analysis give information I had not seen published anywhere previously.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity