Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: The killer and the victim!, Shapur and Gordian  (Read 4563 times)

Kaveh A

The killer and the victim!, Shapur and Gordian
« on: March 29, 2021, 01:11:05 am »
The killer and the victim!
To the right , Shapur I, the second king of Sasanian empire, and to the left, Gordian III, the Roman emperor.
Gordian was killed when he was 19 years old in the battle of Misiche which fought between Sasanian and Roman armies in March 14, 244 AD.
However it is unclear whether Gordian died during battle or was assassinated later by his own officers.

Offline casata137ec

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Trying not to screw up...one coin at a time...
Re: The killer and the victim!, Shapur and Gordian
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 08:14:44 pm »
Nice coin's! I do that same thing, I'll start going down a path and then have to have an example all related coins...lol Problem is I am stuck on "the Year of the Five Emperor's" currently and some of those guys are pretty pricey! lol

Chris
Salus Populi Suprema Lex Esto - Missouri 1822

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=19691

All coins are guaranteed for eternity