Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Two Byzantine coins  (Read 568 times)

Offline Shandorr

• Consul
Two Byzantine coins
« on: September 28, 2012, 05:42:56 pm »
Can a little help with the identification of these two Byzantine coins.
Unfortunately coins are damaged, so I can not read the letters on them.
For the first coin I think numus Theodosius II (diameter of 13 mm and weight 2 grams).
For another coin really not sure, I guess that the first half of the sixth century, and can be more emperors (diameter of 11 mm and weight 1.7 grams).
I hope that we can help with identification.
Shandorr

Offline novacystis

• Consul
Re: Two Byzantine coins
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 06:09:20 pm »
For the upper coin look here.

http://esty.ancients.info/ricix/type47.html

The lower coin is a pentanummium of Justin I.  The reverse which is at a high angle is a large Chi-Rho with an A left and  :Greek_epsilon: right.  Sear-75 I think.

Colin

Offline Shandorr

• Consul
Re: Two Byzantine coins
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 01:39:56 am »
Thank you very much for your help!
Shandorr

All coins are guaranteed for eternity