Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: HOW TO LINK TO A COIN.  (Read 6057 times)

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.
HOW TO LINK TO A COIN.
« on: August 26, 2011, 12:09:52 pm »
Going through the BOT gallery threads recently I realised that several members were unaware of how to accurately link to their coins. Since I am not sure that it has been clearly explained anywhere else, I thought I might try and clarify things here.

The browser bar links do not stay stable, if you copy and paste a browser bar link to your coin, as soon as somebody else adds a coin to the gallery the browser bar link is redirected somewhere else. i.e. It will no longer link to your coin, it will link to someone else's coin.

You have to use the URL which you will find in the file information of your uploads as shown in the yellow highlighted area of the example below. This URL will always link to the coin displayed in the upload. You should use this URL any time you are trying to link to a particular coin, whether it is in your own or in any of the other galleries.

I hope that this might be of some benefit, especially to new members.

*Alex.

Offline Legatus

• Consul
Re: HOW TO LINK TO A COIN.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 08:21:14 am »
Alex,
     Although this was explained to me last week, your explanation clears everything up for me.  Is there a way to link to an album in your gallery?  Thanks

JW (Legatus)
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=30485

"The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones"

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 09:17:02 am »
Instead of clicking on the album in question in your gallery, right click on that link and choose 'copy link address' or similar.
This link you can then paste here.
Andreas Reich

Offline Potator II

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Error communis facit jus
    • Monnaies de la Dombes
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 11:31:22 am »

I hope that this might be of some benefit, especially to new members.

Not just new members. Trying to explain this to various members on the french forums is my everyday job. I will now link to this thread.

JC

Offline Legatus

• Consul
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 07:59:19 pm »
Insted of clicking on the album in question in your gallery, right click on that link and choose 'copy link address' or similar.
This link you can then paste here.

Easy as pie.  Thanks

Legatus
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=30485

"The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones"

All coins are guaranteed for eternity