Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Assistance with Ptolemy coin after cleaning reverse  (Read 928 times)

siranthonyac

Assistance with Ptolemy coin after cleaning reverse
« on: July 01, 2005, 05:21:35 pm »
Hello,

THANKS Barry Murphy for the help with my other Ptolemy coins.

The one that could not be attributed, because of it's reverse was still too dirty, has been soaking in WD40 for a week, and I used an entire fiberglass pen re-fill to get it to the point you see below.

The photo to the far right is the reverse the last time I posted it. Originally it had been soaking in olive oil for two weeks and was scrubbed with a brass brush.

Offline Howard Cole

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Elymais forever!
Re: Assistance with Ptolemy coin after cleaning reverse
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 05:00:04 pm »
This is most likely a coin of Ptolemy II.  What is the coin's size?  What are the symbols to the left the eagle in the field and between the eagle's legs?

If you can provide me with the above information, I might be able to identify the coin.

Howard

All coins are guaranteed for eternity