Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Rivista italiana di numismatica e scienze affini 1982  (Read 385 times)

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Rivista italiana di numismatica e scienze affini 1982
« on: January 17, 2023, 08:51:41 am »
Does anyone have a copy of the journal Rivista italiana di numismatica e scienze affini (RIN)1982?  I need a scan of the plates and images from Giacosa's article, please.

Offline Poemenius

• Consul
Re: Rivista italiana di numismatica e scienze affini 1982
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 03:08:15 am »
I do not have this number, but my advice is to ask on the main italian forum - lamoneta
many people I am sure will email you a pdf with no problem
all the best
Alain

Offline Curtis JJ

• Caesar
    • CONSERVATORI: Ancient Coins & Their Provenances
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 11:59:18 am »
Nick, this won't help you, and you may already be aware, but as a general resource, the Società Numismatica Italiana has made PDFs of issues up to 1979 available free online. Of course, if anyone finds a post-1979 resource online, please post it here, as I'd also like to know!

The pre-1980 archive was useful to me for researching Cappadocian coins, since Bono Simonetta published several articles on the topic there (1958, 1970, 1974).

RIN (Revista Italiana Numismatica), 1888-1979: http://www.socnumit.org/page_22.html
“Collect the collectors…” John W Adams’ advice to J Orosz (Asylum 38, 2: p51)

Galleries https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=27154

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 05:18:56 pm »
Thanks guys.  I hadn’t thought of posting on La Moneta.  I could also do an ILL request but I try to limit that to a dozen a month! 

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2023, 06:11:53 pm »
If the ANS has a copy of this and you are a member, you can get scans from them. Last time I asked for a few pages from a book, they didn't even charge me. And if they do charge, it is reasonable. I was fully prepared to pay for the service.

Virgil

Offline helvetica

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 08:40:53 pm »
The ANS scanning service is also available to non members. Scans cost US$ 20 up to a certain number of pages, which is a bargain, considering how much books cost, when you only need a few pages, or the time you spend trying to find pdfs, or paying your local university library.

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 08:47:41 pm »
$20 would have been a stretch for the three pages I needed, but I agree it is a great service. Plus, they would not let me pay anything, so I love them for that. Made me happy I donated a bit to the year-end appeal. Didn't know anyone could get them, that is nice, too. ANS is maybe the best organization I have ever been a part of.

Virgil

All coins are guaranteed for eternity