Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Question (materials posted elsewhere) and my first article (Richard J Plant)  (Read 39 times)

Offline Curtis JJ

• Consul
  • "For Love of Coins, Not Money!"
    • CONSERVATORI, Ancient Coins & Their Provenances
I've just added my first article, a biography of Richard J Plant (1928-2020), AKA "the Reverend of Numismatics" -- https://www.forumancientcoins.com/numiswiki/view.asp?key=Richard%20J%20Plant

A question. I assume the answer is "Yes," but is this Okay:

I excerpted and edited the Numiswiki article from my own blog post that I've already "published" on my website (my original post [LINK] was from 24 Sep 2022). Is that okay? I didn't share my website or anything on Numiswiki, but thought I might include a footnote on my blogpost that I cross-posted it as a Numiswiki article, just so no one would think Numiswiki was plagiarizing from random blogs.

If it's okay, I have written my own "provenance glossary" (Rambach's term) with ~150 author/collector entries, consisting of biographies, bibliographies, and/or collection histories. Many of them already have Numiswiki articles, and others aren't interesting enough for one, but some are notable enough for a page but don't have one yet.

(It was research for my own collection, but I'd hoped I would also be able to share it with anyone who might find it useful.)

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
I can't imagine this would not be OK, especially since you are copyright holder for the material. We all appreciate your efforts here.

Virgil

All coins are guaranteed for eternity