Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Auction Catalogs for Important Coin Collections (updating)  (Read 714 times)

Offline Steve Moulding

• Consul
    • Auction & Provenance Databases
Auction Catalogs for Important Coin Collections (updating)
« on: March 05, 2022, 02:33:11 pm »
Over two days I located and added over 120 links to online copies of the catalogs that I know of (mostly at archive, gallica and issuu). I'd also started adding some important missing sales but.

Search for the string "(online)" here
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/numiswiki/view.asp?key=Important%20Collection%20Auctions
Steve Moulding
New York

Offline Curtis JJ

• Caesar
    • CONSERVATORI: Ancient Coins & Their Provenances
Re: Auction Catalogs for Important Coin Collections (updating)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 03:27:35 pm »
It's been a while since this post, but I'm glad you've been doing that. I use the Numiswiki pages for pretty often when looking up old collections, collectors, sales. So thanks for editing the pages, Steve.

Incidentally, I just edited the "Prowe" page to give links and more details for all three of the Egger sales (1904, 1912, 1914). It's my first time editing a page. (I've usually been reluctant to edit someone's work, but I guess that's how a Wiki works?) I see that there's a "Prowe-Egger" page (separate from Prowe's page) but it only covers Part III/the 1914 sale (albeit very well). Maybe that one next....
“Collect the collectors…” John W Adams’ advice to J Orosz (Asylum 38, 2: p51)

Galleries https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=27154

All coins are guaranteed for eternity