Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Balochistan Bowl?  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Robby R

• Praetorian
Balochistan Bowl?
« on: December 09, 2019, 09:38:19 pm »
I only purchased this piece to try and determine if what the dealer sells is real.

If genuine, I think it's ancient Balochistan.

I'm curious if you think this is so, and if so, what is the period and region for this piece?

I know some are repainted, but is there a site with diagnostic tools to seperate fakes, repainted pieces, and genuine? Is any of what is sold online genuine?

Thank you, and have a great day.
Robby Raccoon Against the World.

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Balochistan Bowl?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 09:48:43 pm »
Stylistically it appears to match the general Indus-valley style.  I can't speak regarding authenticity as I don't know enough about them.

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity