Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Help ID ancient gold ring with carnelian stone  (Read 2374 times)

Offline moneta_auction

• Consul
Help ID ancient gold ring with carnelian stone
« on: November 27, 2011, 08:52:05 am »
Hi everybody

Can you someone dated this ring - Greece, Roman or Byzantium?
What's mean of the symbols of the stone?
The metal of the ring is not check and I think that the gold is low carat, maybe 10.
Can you tell me someone what is the estimate value of the ring?
3.42 gr, 20/16 mm

Thank you
with best regards

Offline v-drome

• Caesar
Re: Help ID ancient gold ring with carnelian stone
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 05:39:55 am »
I am not expert enough to tell about value or authenticity, but "Mouse on three-legged table" is known from Anit Hamburger's article on Gems From Caesarea Maritima, Atiqot English Series, Vol. VIII, 1968, #165.  Not much is said about the mythology or meaning of the symbols.  This is a very interesting piece.  I am guessing 1st-3rd century CE.  Regards, V-drome

All coins are guaranteed for eternity