Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Roman Coins Discussion Forum

The MARKET DEEPING hoard

(1/2) > >>

Dominic T:
Does anyone has the CHRB IV 1984 (Coin Hoards from Roman Britain) which is talking about that hoard ? I’m interested by the pages detailing the Victorinus’ finds, page 45-62. Help me please !
DT

mauseus:
Hi,
I have the CHRB volumes.  What do you want looking up in the Market Deeping report?  I should be able to do it tomorrow.

Regards,

Mauseus

Dominic T:
Hi Rich. I was pretty sure you have it in your collection, but was too shy to bother you again..
I’m looking for a Victorinus coin in that hoard with the reverse FELICITAS AVG recorded by Schulzki in the AGK; I Hope there will be at least a description of it, and I’m dreaming of a plate picture… And by the way, another one is recorded in the sale FMRL II 49, N° 1800. I think it’s from the « Die Fundmunzen der romischen Zeit in Luxemburg ». Do you have an idea if it’s the good reference ?
Dominic

mauseus:
Hi,  you're always welcome to ask me things. I'll check tomorrow.

Re FMRL,  that's the equivalent of CHRB for Luxembourg,  listing site finds and hoards. It's not a sale. There's also FMRD for Germany and FMRO for Austria etc.  It is Fundmunzen der Römischen Zeit.......  I only have handwritten notes on some of the Gallic finds in these volumes.

Kind regards,

Rich

AMICTUS:
On  page 61 of CHRB IV, under the study of the Market Deeping,Lincs,Hoard is mentioned under  irregular coins:

IMP C VICTORINVS P F AVG  and uncertain (plated and barbarous)

FELICITAS                    1                                     Pot 2

No picture on page 62.

Read FELICITAS (not FELICITAS AVG) and with no further description nor weight.

Sorry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version