Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Roman Coins Discussion Forum

Constantius II

<< < (2/5) > >>

Pekka K:

--- Quote from: Flav V on July 18, 2022, 06:42:15 am ---Its the horseman type, im sure its FEL TEMP REPARATIO.

--- End quote ---

You have the coin in hand.
Please give size and weight.

Pekka K

Flav V:
17.00 mm for 2.30 grs.

Pekka K:

So it should be 6th series, and mintmark M/ALEA.

Pekka K

Laurentius:

--- Quote ---Im sorry if i ask a lot on used coins.
--- End quote ---

You don't have to apologize for that. I find that very exciting and interesting.
Gladly more of it, that sharpens the senses.
I agree with Pekka. For the exact classification of a coin, with all the possibilities
and variants, it is extremely important to always state the weight and the diameter.

I would like to add one more possibility. The lighter weight could also be explained
by the fact, that it is an antique cast.
I see a few features that would suggest it. Smaller cavities and pearls or e.g. the
non-continuous cracks on the edge.

We only recently had this topic here.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=128560.0

Flav, can you possibly say something about the provenance of these pieces.
They may come from the same source? That would increase the odds a little more.

With the provision of RIC VIII Alexandria 78 B, I was relatively sure.

br Laurentius

Flav V:
All coins comes from a lot i bough, this lot was made years after years by a professional seller. No information on it. This is the result of unsold coins accumulated. We cant relate coins between them but i think many of them were bough the same day from the same seller... I bough it between 0.50 and 1 euro each.

About the cast possibility, i agree. But the weight dont seems light for me. Sorry, i have weights and size because i always note it, but all time dont think to write it when i post. About the M mark the form dont indicate such letter... Maybe cast yes, the third coin in this case from this collection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version