Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Editing Fake Coin Reports  (Read 1173 times)

Offline glebe

• Caesar
    • Glebe Coins
Editing Fake Coin Reports
« on: June 24, 2022, 03:03:11 am »
So how do I edit/delete a fake coin report I have uploaded?

Ross G.

Offline maridvnvm

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Editing Fake Coin Reports
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 04:14:53 am »
You need admin rights in the report to do that. If you can send me the details then I will be happy to do so on your behalf.
Regards,
Martin

Offline glebe

• Caesar
    • Glebe Coins
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 04:43:55 am »
You need admin rights in the report to do that. If you can send me the details then I will be happy to do so on your behalf.
Regards,
Martin

Why do I need you to edit my own fake reports?
Unless I can edit my own reports I won't be posting any more.
And why don't I have access to the Discussion Board?
It seems things are getting more and more difficult in numismatic forums in general.

Ross G.

Offline Dominic T

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 09:07:41 am »
Ross, you can easily put your modifications in the « comments » section after your report  and the moderators will do the editing work for you !
DT

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 10:04:40 am »
I cannot tell you how many times over the years we have a member go a little nutty and delete EVERYTHING they could on this site. Because of that, there are restrictions on what members can delete. We have people attacking this site with hacking attempts and just plain attempts to damage and remove pages ALL THE TIME. We can make you an admin Ross. 
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline glebe

• Caesar
    • Glebe Coins
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 06:34:18 pm »
I cannot tell you how many times over the years we have a member go a little nutty and delete EVERYTHING they could on this site. Because of that, there are restrictions on what members can delete. We have people attacking this site with hacking attempts and just plain attempts to damage and remove pages ALL THE TIME. We can make you an admin Ross.

I just want to be able to reorganize a couple of images and rework some related text (and in general correct typos when necessary).
I'm sure I have done this a couple of times in the past.

Ross G.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 07:24:35 pm »
I put in a request with Sorin to add you as an admin on the Fake Coin Reports. It might take a little while. We are under hacker attacks again, so he is very busy.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline glebe

• Caesar
    • Glebe Coins
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2022, 09:57:18 pm »
I put in a request with Sorin to add you as an admin on the Fake Coin Reports. It might take a little while. We are under hacker attacks again, so he is very busy.

Understood.
Although note that I want to be able to edit only my own fake/suspect reports, and (for my own protection) nobody else's.
In fact everybody should be able to edit/delete their own reports (to avoid possible legal liability for instance). Having to rely on the administrators to do this is obviously not satisfactory.

Ross G.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2022, 11:09:34 pm »
...Having to rely on the administrators to do this is obviously not satisfactory.

I do not agree. The fake coin reports are at least 15 years old and you are the only one to have expressed this opinion in all this time. Until now, it seems everyone has found it perfectly satisfactory to request moderator corrections by adding a comment to the report. At about 10 AM today (and hundreds of times in the past) we had a hacker attack the Fake Coin Reports. Hackers often specifically target the Fake Coin Reports. Limiting access helps secure the reports.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline glebe

• Caesar
    • Glebe Coins
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2022, 03:55:36 am »
All of a sudden it seems that I am now authorised to edit/delete my own fake reports (although I have received no notification of this).
So far so good, you might think, but in fact I also seem to be able to edit/delete everybody else's fake reports as well, and I mean everybody's, in all categories. At least that it says when go to any fake report (not just my own), although I haven't tried to do anything yet.
This is very bad and is exactly what I said I didn't want. I cannot be in a position where I am responsible for all the fake reports.   
Please reverse the authorisation immediately.

Ross G.

Offline Ron C2

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Qvod perierat adhvc exstat nvmmorvm
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2022, 12:38:55 pm »
Ross, as a moderator, you either have access rights to edit all coins, or you don't. The software allows no middle ground.
My Ancient Coin Gallery: Click here

R. Cormier, Ottawa

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2022, 12:42:54 pm »
Ross you no longer have the ability to edit fake coin reports. You are not and never have been responsible for anything on this website. You have been notified.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline glebe

• Caesar
    • Glebe Coins
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2022, 10:03:07 pm »
Ross you no longer have the ability to edit fake coin reports. You are not and never have been responsible for anything on this website. You have been notified.

Actually I have just now deleted, replaced and edited several of my own Byzantine fake reports.
More to the point right now it seems I can still delete or edit anybody else's Byzantine fake report. Or any fake report at all for that matter.

Ross G.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity