Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Ancient Coin Forum

Post a pic of you, updated

<< < (254/258) > >>

Ron C2:

--- Quote from: PMah on May 07, 2021, 05:49:00 pm ---My brother in law (ex-USN like Joe): Wanna go half on a sailboat?
 Me: Well, I... It's a lot of work and I don't have a lot of time..
B-I-L:  She's a beauty, all wood except gear...
Me:  Are you out of your f.....?
B-I-L:  (25+ years on subs): I'm used to being under water ...

--- End quote ---

LOL.  Perfect. 

I spent almost 15 years working on missile frigates and attack submarines. I now sit at a desk and oversee people that do the real work, so a boat was a nice way to remind me of old times when I felt more useful :)

Mine is a 27' Four Winns cabin cruiser that doubles as a floating cottage.

Gregory M2:
After lurking for two weeks
I've worked up the courage to participate with this light hearted picture
of me trying to decide where to spend my ancient coin money

stevex6:
Here is my hound, Hector, telling me to stop watching sports and to get off my ass and take him out for a walk!

... also, a shot of Hector helping me with the garden (man, he's a character)

ChefStu22:
So meet Moose the Chocolate Labrador and me the slightly less hairy less adorable owner of him :)

Jay GT4:
Here's a few pics we took last summer to showcase my Brettian impression.  The Corinthian helmet would be considered quite old by this time period, but some grave finds in Southern Italy have them along with Apulo-Corinthian and attic helmets. I also have an Apulo-Corinthian and a bronze attic is on it's way.  Shield is based off of Brettian coins and Lucanian vase paintings. The greaves need to be modified as they're too bulbus.  The Corinthian I'm wearing is bronze and has custom boars engraved on the cheeks and a pelmette between the eyes.  The belt is based off of Southern Italian graves from Samnites to the Brettians but show up even earlier and is considered Italic.  I also have a Ksour Essef cuirass (4th to 2nd century BCE) that I'm working into an impression. 

Terina is a stones throw away from my place in Italy and while the Lucanians and Samnites get the most press, the Brettians (who came from the Lucanians) were fierce warriors and supporters of Hannibal.  Unfortunately, the area of Calabria where the Brettians inhabited is very under developed and under studied.

And for good measure is my Ribchester parade/Cavalry/Signifer helmet and early Kalkriese type segmentata.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version