Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: First revolt half shekel  (Read 865 times)

Offline daniel

• Auxiliary
First revolt half shekel
« on: October 02, 2021, 10:14:24 pm »
Any comments on this half shekel? I haven’t found similar pattern of the Omer cup, as the pearls from the rim are separated from the actual cup.
Thanks
Daniel

Offline Aarmale

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Re: First revolt half shekel
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 06:42:12 pm »
Do you have concerns that it is fake? There are a few unusual features. For instance, the tsade has very pronounced points, the right side of the reverse is not sharp.
Gallery: http://tinyurl.com/aarmale
היינו דאמרי אינשי: טבא חדא פילפלתא חריפתא ממלי צנא קרי

Offline daniel

• Auxiliary
Re: First revolt half shekel
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 09:39:36 pm »
I do have concern, but I haven’t purchased it yet. A couple of things are bothering me. You are right about the tzadi, also the chet looks a little bit strange. also I haven’t found in the available sources (hendin, TJC, menorah project) a similar coin with no pearls on obverse. This suppose to be authentic from a reliable auction house, but we never know.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity