Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Constantine II Camp Gate  (Read 624 times)

Offline Bamba123

• Caesar
Constantine II Camp Gate
« on: January 21, 2007, 05:15:18 pm »
Just recieved a Constantine II Campgate
Obv: CONSTANTIVS IVN NOB C
Rev: PROVIDEN [pellet] [pellet]TIANOBCAESS
Exergue SMKA  in the reverse legend break

The RIC VII reference I have shows a RIC VII, 47.  Bust laur, dr, cuir. (wreath that look like pearl diamened.)  But they list it as Left facing.  What am I missing, I showed no right facing in the Cyzicus runs of this reverse type
Coin is 18-19mm, 2.6g
Where am I going wrong
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1844

jbaran

Re: Constantine II Camp Gate
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 06:34:48 pm »
Your coin is from Heraclea  SMHA in exergue.  If there are no pellets in the exergue then it is RIC 77 and R1 for A.  In all honesty I cannot verify that the officina is indeed A.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity