Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Anonymous (?) follis with Jesus head..  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Bohemian

• Consul
  • VIRTVS!
Anonymous (?) follis with Jesus head..
« on: April 14, 2004, 04:36:05 am »
Hi, can somebody have some idea, who could be issuer this follis?I think this type of Byzantine coins are named anonymous..but if w ould be somebody experienced, could recognize it from some details...diameter..2,8cm. Thanks for eventual reply.

Offline Bohemian

• Consul
  • VIRTVS!
Re:Anonymous (?) follis with Jesus head..
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 04:36:43 am »

Offline Simon

• Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Tetartera Collector
    • Byzantine Tetartera
Re:Anonymous (?) follis with Jesus head..
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 07:26:30 am »
This is a Class A Anonymous Follis. Their are three diffrent Varieties that are diffrent by weight and by the ornamentation.

I believe tours to be Class A1 issued by John I 969-976 CE , if correct it will weigh around 7 grams.

The A2 will weigh around 15g and the A3 will weigh 10g.
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5633 My main collection of Tetartera. Post reform coinage.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity