Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: SNG Levante ?  (Read 1555 times)

cogito

SNG Levante ?
« on: October 07, 2005, 12:50:28 am »
I'm trying to track down a copy of SNG Levante and have seen it apparently referred to by other titles in various reference guides (e.g., Switzerland?).  Does anyone have details on the most recent SNG Levante (whatever it may be called now) and where it may be purchased?  If it is multivolume, I would be most interested in the Asia Minor volumes.

Thanks,
Jeff

Offline esnible

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • gorgon coins
Re: SNG Levante ?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 02:42:04 pm »
I believe www.elsen.be sells it for 225 euros.

The SNG covers E. Levante's collection of Cilician coins.  (Now dispersed.  I was lucky enough to acquire one).  It's in two volumes: Volume I and Volume I supplement.

I don't know if Elsen's price includes the suppliment.

Sometimes people get SNG Levante confused with SNG France volume II.  Levante wrote the Cilician volume of SNG France.  The Cilician -- and only -- volume of SNG Switzerland covers Levante's own collection.

cogito

Re: SNG Levante ?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 05:03:04 pm »
Thanks, Ed.  That clears things up quite a bit.  I'm becoming quite interested in the Cilician Greco-Persian satrapal coins, so obtaining a copy of Levante appears necessary.

Regards,
Jeff

All coins are guaranteed for eternity