Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Agrippina Junior portraiture as Agrippina Senior?  (Read 281 times)

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
Agrippina Junior portraiture as Agrippina Senior?
« on: July 20, 2021, 10:34:26 am »
Hello,

I just classified this coin in my future database. Here is the offline link: https://www.all-your-coins.com/en/archives-anciennes/romaines-imperiales/anepigraphe-239

You cant tell me what you think about my future database if you want. It is only the page with comments about this coin, not the entire database with filters and more.

But lets talk about the coin now: The portrait looks older on this coin. Portrait error? This bust closer to that of Agrippina Senior is sometimes visible on some coins, but always with the variant without dot in the legend. Could this be an initial strike where the old portrait was copied? Then come the strikes with dots, corresponding better to the portrait of Agrippina Junior. Small detail, the tip of the bust of this coin is longer and flatter than usual.

On the link above, there is another coin in the comments with same features.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity