Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Is this Sicily Panormus?  (Read 426 times)

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
Is this Sicily Panormus?
« on: September 15, 2021, 07:55:47 pm »
Hi folks,

About 20 years ago, I purchased a coin from Mr. Lindgren before he passed away. He attributed it as Sicily, Panormus. However, I have never been able to confirm that attribution, nor have I been able to fully attribute my coin due to a lack of information.

A few years ago, I posted a link to this coin here in the ID section of Forum. No one had any additional information at that time. Now that a few years have passed, and new members joined Forum, and new references have been published, I figured that I would post it here again.

What do Forum members think? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Is the reverse countermarked? If yes, what is it? It looks somewhat like Poseidon standing.

Here is a link (first coin):

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/meepzorp/gs_sicl_pan_pt03.htm

Meepzorp

All coins are guaranteed for eternity