Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: A Handbook Of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types, 324 - 395 by Shawn Caza  (Read 363 times)

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
This is my pre-review review. I haven't read it yet, but I have looked through it extensively. After many trials and tribulations, I finally cancelled my Amazon order and got it elsewhere and it arrived today, very quickly after I ordered, even with media mail (I am US based).

First, it is an impressive book, hardcover and quite beautiful. Lots of tables and coin illustrations, all done very well. Simply a quality book in hand in every way. As for content, there is a lot, far more than your typical coin catalog. This book is going to be extremely helpful for me as I move into Roman coin collecting, plus most coins I buy are bronze and a volume dedicated to just those is a godsend, especially as it seems many books treat bronze issues as an afterthought.

The book is also going to be one that is readable much more than the usual catalog. There is detailed information throughout dealing with all the types, as well as an excellent series of chapters at the beginning that set the stage for the more specific discussions to come later.

I will review more in depth after I have read it, but first impressions are usually pretty accurate for me. I have a number of coins this book will help me identify and learn about.

Thanks, Shawn, I recommend this book to anyone who collects or is interested in late Roman bronze coins.

Regards,
Virgil

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Re: A Handbook Of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types, 324 - 395 by Shawn Caza
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 09:35:01 pm »
Excellent!  Shawn definately knows his stuff.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity