Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: GETTING YOUR FREE WEBSITE  (Read 12668 times)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
GETTING YOUR FREE WEBSITE
« on: April 18, 2005, 10:23:17 pm »
FORVM will host non-commercial ancient coin related websites - FREE. 

The URL for free websites will be https://www.forumancientcoins.com/yoursitename (with yoursitename replaced by the site name of your choice). 

We cannot provide extensive technical support and how-to make a website guidance, but we can provide limited advice.  You must be familiar with how to make web pages and upload them with FTP.  We may also be able to provide Front Page capablility. 

To request a free website, please email webmaster@forumancientcoins.com with your name, site name (for the URL), password, site title, and a very short summary of your websites content. 

Free hosting is automatically offered to all winners of our discussion board website awards.  From the award rules...

9.  Recipient websites are eligible for free hosting by FORVM ANCIENT COINS.  Free sites will have the URL https://www.forumancientcoins.com/recipientsitename.  A recipient may also use the free site as a mirror or back-up site if desired.  If the recipient's site is commercial in nature, then only the educational non-commercial section(s) that were awarded qualify.  A recipient who wants free hosting simply needs to provide the site name and a password to our webmaster at webmaster@forumancientcoins.com.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Stanislav

Re: GETTING YOUR FREE WEBSITE
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 03:16:08 am »
Joe, Do you provide this free space for non english saits too?

Offline Aarmale

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 08:32:49 pm »
What server-side program do you host?  And do you have MySQL?
Gallery: http://tinyurl.com/aarmale
היינו דאמרי אינשי: טבא חדא פילפלתא חריפתא ממלי צנא קרי

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 03:35:10 am »
Joe, Do you provide this free space for non english saits too?

Yes
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 03:36:11 am »
What server-side program do you host?  And do you have MySQL?

We do not provide MySQL or other server-side programs on the free websites. 
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Johan W

• Auxiliary
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2022, 08:41:07 am »
I need this for challenge coins.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2022, 02:56:54 pm »
I need this for challenge coins.

I don't know what that means.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2022, 03:28:29 pm »
Challenge coins are military coins given out by commanders and command sergeant majors at battalion and above level, at least in the Army. They are on-the-spot type awards and pretty cool. I have a few from my service. If they fit into my coin trays (they are too big for 2 x 2), I would put them in with my collection rather than in a drawer of my desk. The old story is that when you go into a bar, pull out the challenge coin in your pocket if you have one and if the other person can't beat the rank of the person giving it, he buys you a beer. If he beats you, you buy the drink. My son has a three-star coin, my highest one is 2-stars. LOL. I have noticed recently that people collect these. They are pretty cool and part of it is you are supposed to earn them to get them, so there is a limited supply. I am also willing to bet there are a lot of forgeries out there because anyone can have them made.

Virgil

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2022, 07:57:59 pm »
I should have remembered that since I am a retired Navy commander with a bunch of them. And I was the Commander of the Defense Logistics Depot Cherry Point and gave them out myself. In the Navy the coins have the name of the ship or command and no rank.

But he could put them in the Members' Gallery instead of creating a website.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2022, 08:10:20 pm »
I knew you were Navy and I didn't know if the Navy had them, but it makes sense all services do. I will bet that joint command you had was interesting. In my area, the depot we dealt with the most in the US was Letterkenny. Anyway, I don't think I ever saw one in the Army with no rank, but I haven't really seen that many of the coins, either. I can certainly see them as an interesting thing to collect.

Virgil

Offline Grant W

• Legionary
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2022, 03:30:51 am »
Sounds great Joe, how long will this offer be going? Does it have a cut off date?

All coins are guaranteed for eternity