Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Website Calendar and Time correct?  (Read 748 times)

Offline Callimachus

• Caesar
Website Calendar and Time correct?
« on: April 09, 2021, 10:09:41 pm »
A few moments ago, I posted a reply here on this website.  My computer calendar say it was Friday Apr 9 6:59 PM when I hit the POST button.
Immediately the post came up as being posted as "Today at 02:59:31 am."   That is 18 hours ago.

When I signed on earlier this evening, I noticed that most of the items posted earlier today now said they were posted Yesterday.

Is this a problem . . .?

I am hitting the POST button on this posting at Friday Apr 9 at 7:09 PM.

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Re: Website Calendar and Time correct?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 12:01:39 am »
I don't think it really matters, but my posts are off by plus 5 hours or so. I haven't really worried about it, but just looked at the settings for my account and you can put in a time offset. I don't see a way to change time zone. I think this is just a forum global setting. I have gotten used to it, but I never look at the timestamp.

Virgil

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 01:22:51 am »
This happened to me as well.  I think Forums clock is out of sync but you can make it right for your time stamp.

Go into your profile by clicking on your name.  In the box on the left under "Modify Profile"  click on "look and layout preferences"  >Time Offset: Click "auto detect" on the second line.  For me it says -5

It should now be correct.

Offline PeterD

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • omnium curiositatum explorator
    • Historia
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 07:04:47 am »
At one stage I was seeing posts from the future! I had to change the Time Offset to '0' (zero) for it to work correctly, which is strange as I am in the UK, which is 5 hours ahead. Must be due to Brexit!
Peter, London

Historia: A collection of coins with their historical context https://www.forumancientcoins.com/historia

Offline Dominic T

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 08:58:34 am »
I suspect Joe is in Honolulu right now. So he settled FORVM at Hawai time zone for the next two weeks......
DT

Offline esnible

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • gorgon coins
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 10:12:30 pm »
Auto-detect didn't work for me.  Maybe my security settings are too high?  I set my time offset to -5.

This seems weird, as I am in the USA Eastern Time Zone, which is having "Daylight savings", and should be GMT -4 right now.  But -5 works, and I can't argue with it.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity