Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Byzantine or Roman gold coin help  (Read 195 times)

Offline Paul W5

• Auxiliary
Byzantine or Roman gold coin help
« on: November 26, 2022, 01:59:50 pm »
Hi, I've researched this as much as I can and I think this is a fairly late coin, if you can shed any light on this coin I would be most grateful. Thanks, Paul

Offline Victor C

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • all my best friends are dead Romans
    • Constantine the Great
Re: Byzantine or Roman gold coin help
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 02:07:03 pm »
it's not gold, but bronze. The obverse is Arcadius and the reverse is GLORIA ROMANORVM, Three emperors standing front; to left and right, Arcadius and Honorius standing facing each other, holding spear and shield; between them, Theodosius II, smaller, standing facing, head turned to right, holding spear with his right hand and globe in his left. It is from Antioch and struck circa A.D. 406- 408
Victor Clark

LRB gallery

Offline Paul W5

• Auxiliary
Re: Byzantine or Roman gold coin help
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 02:43:52 pm »
Very many thanks indeed.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity