Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Hadrian on horseback RIC 645 or an old copy  (Read 305 times)

Offline Adrian W

• Caesar
    • Cape Coral Real Estate FL
Hadrian on horseback RIC 645 or an old copy
« on: January 16, 2022, 10:47:04 am »
I put this on the fake forum but had trouble with pictures hopefull now corrected, I picked this up as part of a group of coins from an old French collection and was not able to view in hand until know.Questions have been raised is this and others genuine,the old ticket appears to be written in the style of a Victorian hand as I am familiar this type of script and paper in other areas I collect.This suggests if not ancient then the copy is at least 150 years old and possibly older but not a Paduan by the tru definition of the word.Any help appreciated I will poost the others as I go.

Hadrian. AD 117-138. Æ Sestertius (32mm, 21.9 g). Rome mint. Struck circa AD 124-128. Laureate bust right, slight drapery / Hadrian on horseback rearing left. RIC II 645 variety
Highest Rated Zillow agent in the County

Offline Adrian W

• Caesar
    • Cape Coral Real Estate FL
Re: Hadrian on horseback RIC 645 or an old copy
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 10:47:31 am »
other pics
Highest Rated Zillow agent in the County

All coins are guaranteed for eternity