Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: HELP WITH OPENUMISTAT SOFTWARE REPORTS  (Read 401 times)

Offline Richard K

• Legionary
HELP WITH OPENUMISTAT SOFTWARE REPORTS
« on: August 06, 2023, 03:20:50 pm »
Does anyone know how to customize or change or generate new reports with Openumistat?  Using the manual and experimenting I have not been able to modify the reports included or create a new one.  I am trying to generate a report, selecting what fields I want to print and in what order.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Re: HELP WITH OPENUMISTAT SOFTWARE REPORTS
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023, 08:12:02 pm »
I don't know the answer and maybe I should do a separate post. I looked up Openumistat as I hadn't heard of it. It looks interesting and was wondering what you think of it outside the report customization issue. I have all my coins in an Excel spreadsheet that is rather unwieldy and difficult to sort, etc. Thanks for any info you can provide on this program. I like that I could import my OpenOffice spreadsheet into it and more easily add photos.

Thanks,
Virgil

Offline Russell K2

• Auxiliary
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2023, 01:27:53 am »
What operating system are you using? On Linux you can create and edit reports under "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/OpenNumismat/templates/". On Windows or macOS I imagine that the process would be similar, you just need to find the right folder. You could try using your operating system file browser to search for the folder "NumizmatPrice", which is a report template bundled with OpenNumismat. That should help you locate the folder where the reports are. I would advise against modifying the existing report templates as they will be overwritten when you update OpenNumismat to a newer version. Instead, you should make a copy of an existing report template, name it something new, and then modify it to your liking.

The reports are built using HTML and a templating language named "jinja".

More information on jinja: https://jinja.palletsprojects.com/en/3.1.x/templates/

Offline Richard K

• Legionary
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023, 07:40:32 pm »
Thank you Russell.  No luck so far.  There are no templates in the Templates Folder.  Checked both in Windows and MAC OS.  Folders are empty.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity