Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Fake miliarense  (Read 552 times)

Offline Andreas K

• Auxiliary
Fake miliarense
« on: June 02, 2019, 07:17:27 pm »
Hello,

I hope the experts here can help me with the following coin which I saw at an auction house. Do you think this a real coin? I don’t know why but somehow it looks fake to me, - too smooth somehow and the style does not look like the other Valens Miliarenses.

Would appreciate your input.

Thanks, Andreas

Offline Pscipio

• Tribunus Plebis 2009
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Si vis pacem, cole iustitiam
Re: Fake miliarense
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 02:38:56 am »
A larger picture would be useful, but from what I can see your coin does look very convincing. It is a nice example, too.

Lars
Leu Numismatik
www.leunumismatik.com

Offline Andreas K

• Auxiliary
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 05:48:25 am »
Thanks a lot for the info, Lars, highly appreciated. Enclosed a link of the auction with a bigger picture, hope this ok.

[LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN]

Best, Andreas

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 08:13:15 am »
You cannot link to the auction record because it names the seller. We do not name sellers here when discussing the authenticity of their coins. Ideally you would have included all the important information, all but the seller name, auction details, and price, in your original post.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity