Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: An unpublished Vespasian dynastic Denarius from Ephesus  (Read 604 times)

Offline FlaviusDomitianus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My gallery:
An unpublished Vespasian dynastic Denarius from Ephesus
« on: June 25, 2021, 11:24:51 am »
Hello everyone.

I waited a few weeks before sharing this new acquisition, waiting for feedback from Professor Carradice, who assigned it the number 1389A, i.e. the first coin of Group 1 of the Ephesus denarii.

This coin is an important gap filler, as it attests to the fact that in all likelihood all of the already known reverses were minted in every Ephesus issue.

I loved it at first sight and am pleased to display it here.

Alberto

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=171002

All coins are guaranteed for eternity