Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Fallen Horseman Help  (Read 603 times)

Pendrakon

Fallen Horseman Help
« on: October 12, 2015, 04:05:28 pm »
Hey Guys-I am usually pretty good at this, but this one has me a bit stumped. Constantinople has a lot of Fallen Horseman types. Either I am seeing this one wrong or I can’t find it. Not the best scans- better seen in hand.

Constantius II, 16x19mm. 2.2 grams. OBVERSE: DN CONSTAN-TIVS PF AVG, No markings behind head. REVERSE: FEL TEMP R-EPARATIO. In EX Clear CONS then an A or an H, could be a dot off the flan. No marks in either the right or left fields. The fallen horseman looks to be clutching. The horseman appears to me to be bare headed with no beard.

My problem is I cannot find this combination in RIC. Am I missing something? Please let me know what you think. Thanks-

Offline Jochen

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Omnes vulnerant, ultima necat.
Re: Fallen Horseman Help
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 04:50:32 pm »
Have you checked the site of Helvetica:
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/dane/

Best regards

Pendrakon

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 05:13:22 pm »
Yes. One of my first stops. Don't see it there either- if you see it let me know-
Downloaded and searched fel-temp-fallen-horseman.xls and did not see it.
Searched it a couple of times.
That's why I decided on this post.

Offline Bill W4

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 08:22:01 pm »
I would lean toward Constantinople 118 from what I found on Wildwinds
I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member!

Pendrakon

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 09:48:48 am »
Thanks Bill- The problem with 118 is the horseman is reaching. On this coin the horseman is clutching. I think that this one is just not listed.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity