Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Very Tough Trivia Question  (Read 1054 times)

Offline rick fox

• Caesar
  • Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris
Very Tough Trivia Question
« on: September 26, 2009, 07:30:28 pm »
When Augustus talked about his 3 cankerous sores, what was he talking about?

Hint, it is not medical in nature.
Iacta alea est  - 'The die has been cast' (Julius Caesar Jan 10, 49 BC Rubicon River, Italy)

Offline Jochen

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Omnes vulnerant, ultima necat.
Re: Very Tough Trivia Question
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 07:54:07 pm »
You can find the answer in Sueton, De Vita Caesarum, Liber II (Divus Augustus), ยง65. Augustus says (in Greek): "Would I have been only unmarried and died without offsprings!" He calls them his three boils too.

It was his daughter Julia, his grand-daughter Julia and his grand-son Agrippa. A nice family!

Best regards

Offline SVLLAIMP

• Consul
Re: Very Tough Trivia Question
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 09:03:41 pm »
I wish I had seen this sooner, I literally just put down my Suetonius and would have seemed so knowledgeable.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity