Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Committee Member Elections - Call For Candidates To 2nd Committee (2005-2006)  (Read 2709 times)

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Greetings Fellow FORVM Classical Numismatics Discussion Board Members,

It has now been almost a year since the 1st Forvm Website Awards Nomination Committee (Comitia Curiata) convened and the Awards were launched.  We on that six-seat body hope that you have enjoyed how the program has been operating.  It is now nearing the time when the 1st Committee's authority will expire on August 3rd.  This means that Committee member elections are just around the corner, roughly covering the month of July.  These elections will be for membership on the 2nd Committee, whose mandate will span from 4 August 2005 to 3 August 2006.

Therefore, this post is a call for candidates from the public membership of the FORVM Discussion Board.  Do you want to be a candidate in the elections for the 2nd Committee?  We have one retiring member, Simon, so at least one seat on this body will see a new face.  We commend Simon for serving on the 1st Committee and bringing Byzantine awareness to the Awards.  As for the five of us (Robert_Brenchley, Bluefish, maridvnvm, TKE96, and me Pep) who have declared our candidacy to continue into the 2nd Committee, well that will soon be up to you!  Committee members receive the "Comitia Curiata" title in their profile but that is not just an honorary title, it is a working one.  Here are the duties of a standard Committee member:

- Receive website nominations from the public, review them for appropriate criteria, and forward satisfactory ones to the Committee as a whole
- Consider websites submitted by other Committee members
- Introduce eligible websites personally found
- Receive website nominations from the public during the annual awards
- Consider operational legislation brought before the Committee
- If thought of, introduce operational legislation that may help improve the awards process
- Vote in the public polls
- Promote the awards

All Committee members also must have a Yahoo! account so they can join the Committee's discussion group.  If you want to declare your candidacy, make a post to this thread.

If you want to see the Yahoo! Group and what the Committee is all about in action, here it is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FORVM_Awards_Committee/

Finally, don't forget to vote in the round of websites that are currently polling, the final one before Committee elections! :)

Thank You,

The 1st Forvm Website Awards Nomination Committee

P.S.:  If you are wondering exactly how the elections will take place, here is the framework:

9.  There will be an annual elections process to confirm/choose members of the Forvm Website Awards Nomination Committee (six seats).  It will take place every late June-July; new terms begin every August 4th.
9a.  A post will be made by the Chairperson by June 10th in the Committee's Yahoo! Group asking current members to declare their intentions for serving in the next term.  A public post will be made by June 20th asking for any candidates from the public.  Candidates must have a Yahoo! account or obtain one by August 4th in order to communicate with the Committee.  The deadline for responses to both calls is July 10th.
9b.  The regular award polls will cease during the Committee member election process.
9c.  The Chairperson will stand for election in an approval poll (yes or no) for a 10-day period starting on or near July 1st.  If the Chairperson loses, then he/she may still run for a standard seat afterwards but will be ineligible to Chair the next Committee.  The new Chairperson will be either chosen in the new Committee if consensus can be reached or by a 10-day public election poll held after standard seat elections.
9d.  The other Committee members (and including an unseated Chairperson if he/she wishes) will stand for election in a competitive poll with any candidates from the public for a 14-day period right after the Chairperson's poll ends (unless a Rule 9e situation occurs).  Incumbents will be labeled as such.
9e.  If there is an equal or lesser number of candidates than seats, then those candidates will be admitted to the next Committee automatically without election.
9f.  If there is a tie between certain candidates that crosses the sixth seat tier, then there will be a 7-day runoff between said candidates.
9g.  The Vice-Chairperson will be either chosen in the new Committee if consensus can be reached or by a 10-day public election poll held after standard seat elections.

christopher62883

I would like to declare my candidacy for the Forvm Website Awards Nomination Committee.

Christopher

sboscovitch

I would also like to declare my candidacy for the Forvm Website Awards Nomination Committee

-Steve

AncientCoins

hello, ill help if theres anything i can do!  does the committee have an age limit? ;D

andrew

Offline Pep

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Nope, there is no age limit  :)

Kevin

Offline Steve Minnoch

• Tribunus Plebis 2007
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
I hope that in true Roman style, the candidates will be unashamedly bribing the electorate ;)

Steve

Offline Pep

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Disclaimer:  Candidates who resort to bribes risk a "Didius Julianus" fate at their own peril ;D

Kevin

Offline Pep

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
*bump*

The call for candidates ends 0000 GMT 11 July.  The general election starts shortly afterwards!

Thank you,

Kevin  :)

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    • My gallery
I've already informed the committee I'm willing to stand again, I'll now do so publicly.
Robert Brenchley

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Nico Creces

I think I'm stil in time, so:
I would also like to declare my candidacy for the Forvm Website Awards Nomination Committee.
Greetz,
Nico

All coins are guaranteed for eternity